LMUcard for Students (StudentID)
The LMUcard is the LMU‘s multifunctional chip card. The LMUcard has been introduced during the summer semester of 2019 as the student ID.
The LMUcard has the following features for students:
- The LMUcard, with the declaration of validity on the validity strip, identifies you as a student of the LMU.
- Detailed information about your course of studies, semester year etc. will not be printed on the new LMUcard due to space limitations. You can refer back to your current matriculation certificate if this information is needed as proof. You can download the certificate here: https://www.lmu.de/stud-online
- The MVV-Logo with the validity indication for the semester ticket will be added during the validation.
- The LMUcard, combined with an official photo ID for the stated period of validity, serves as an authorization to use all means of transportation (2nd class) from the Verbundverkehr in the entire MVV-Network system from Monday to Friday between 6 pm and 6 am of the following day (including the night lines) as well as all day on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- In addition you can purchase the „IsarCard Semester“ at the sales locations of the MVV. This a ticket which is valid for the period of one semeter and in combination with an official photo ID authorizes the use of all authroized forms of transportation (2nd class) from the Verbundverkehr in the entire MVV-Network system.To the top
- With the LMUcard you are able to pay cashfree at all cafeterias, StuBistroMensas (cafeterias), StuCafes, StuLounges, and at most Espresso-Bars as well as at many drink, snack and ice cream vending machines which are serviced by the Studentenwerk Munich.
- Copiers, scanners and printers are equipped with a suitable card reader in different partitions of the library.
- You can recharge your LMUcard at the charging stations of the Studentenwerk.
- The charging stations are located at all cafeterias and self service cafeteiras oft he Studentenwerk.
- If you already own a cafeteria card from the Studentenwerk, you can return it at one of the Studentenwerk‘s information points and have your credit balance transferred to the new LMUcard.To the top
- The LMUcard is valid as a library ID for the University Library as well as the Bavarian State Library
- The 12-digit identification number for the library as well as the pick up number is printed on the backside of the card.
- You will recieve a new library number with the issuing of the LMUcard. If available, your previous library account will be automatically transferred to the new card. The old library ID will become invalid as soon as your LMUcard is validated.
- You can find additional information regarding the useage as a library card at the university library. To the top
- The LMUcard is a multifunctional chip card. All personal data which is saved on the chip card is encrypted and proctected from unauthorized access.
- Detailed information about data protection and data usage will be listed during the online request of the LMUcard.To the top
- In the case that you have lost your LMUcard it is required, that you report the card as lost in your LMU user account and then request a new LMUcard.
- Furthermore it is absolutely necessary to personally lock your lost card at any of the Studentenwerk info points. To do this, you should note down or print the page with the lost card’s card number (Studentwerk number) which you can find in your user account. Please bring this, along with a valid form of photo identification, when you go to the Studentwerk.
- You can then pick up your new LMUcard at our office once it has been approved of.
- The LMUcard will recieve a visible validity marking which can be updated through validation at the validation terminals, which are available at many locations in the LMU. A validation can be done, multiple timmes, at any time.
- Validation after :
After succsessful re-registration you can re-validate your LMUcard a few weeks prior to the start of the new semester. Validity period and semster ticket will be updated and will include the current and the following semesters (see characteristics).
Current usable validation terminals in public areas
- Main Campus (Stammgelände)
- Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, Passage B 080A (Passage to the Eulenhof, Raum im Raumfinder)
- Leopoldstr. 13, House 2 (In the entrance hall, across from the LMU-Shop, left next to the library, Raum im LMU-Raumfinder)
- Leopoldstr. 30 (At the left side of the foyer under the info screen, Raum im LMU-Raumfinder)
- Ludwigstr. 28,Back building (In the entrance hall, Raum im LMU-Raumfinder)
- Oettingenstraße 67, Foyer (Raum im Raumfinder)
- Schellingstraße 3 (Raum im Raumfinder)
- Theresienstraße 39 (Raum im Raumfinder)
- Downtown Campus
- Martinsried / Großhadern Campus
- Butenandtstraße 13 (Raum im Raumfinder)
- Großhaderner Straße 6 (Cafeteria) (Raum im Raumfinder)
- Großhaderner Straße 9a (StuBistro)
- Veterinary medicine campus Oberschleißheim
- Sonnenstraße 16a
The LMUcard contains the following characteristics:
- Name, Surname
- Registration Number (Immatrikulation Number)
- Date of birth
- Validty with semester ticket and faculty name
- Braille (LMU) inverse
- Studentenwerk – Card number
- Library (Barcode, library number, loaning number)
- Alignemnt strips
- Emblem (visible + UV)
- Braille (LMU)