The new login page
On 25 September 2017 the central login page will get a new design. In addition to the visual changes, there are also some technical improvements to the authentication system.
- Modern design supporting mobile devices
- German and English translation: The language is determined by your browser settings. For all non-german languages the english translation is shown.
- Single logout: Logging out of one service logs you out of all other central services you visited during your browser session.
- Extended session timeouts: Inactivity timeout ist set to 8 hours, after 24 hours at the latest you will have to log in again.
Which services use the central login?
- Mailbox for students
- Service portal of the university administration
- Intranet of the university administration
- Please keep in mind that phishing mails could try to lure you to a login page that looks almost identical to the original one
- Keep an eye on the domain name. Most modern browsers highlight the domain name in some way
- The domain name of the central login is:
- It is NOT (e.g.):
- The connection to the login is encrypted. There are two indicators of a secure connection
- Most browsers show a lock symbol next to the address bar
- The domain name is prefixed by https://
Browser address bar of the central login